Hey, folks. I have something to tell you about – something that could make you feel really good.
I got an email from a lovely gal I met when I was in New Zealand to teach with Kiwi Scraps. Her name is Debbie Blincoe. She told me that she is starting a Card Drive for the Victorian Families that have lost homes and family members to the fires. I can't imagine what those families are going through. Wouldn't it be lovely for them to get a kind card from someone miles away? Seems like a small thing to do, but it is an easy thing – and something that may make them smile.
I knew I had to jump on board. I am so hoping you can all help me out.
So, here are the details.
- We need cards with "thinking of you" or "take care" or whatever message you feel is best.
- Each card needs to have a nice written note inside along with your name and city.
- Each card needs to be in an unsealed envelope. If you only send one card, you can just put it in an envelope and mail it to me. I will open it and put it in a blank envelope to send over.
- Try not to make them weigh a lot or be bulky – it will help with shipping. The flatter the better. Store-bought cards are welcome!
- Get them in the mail to me at this address below by March 15. I will then ship them over to Debbie to distribute.
Aussie Card Drive
PO Box 428612
Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
- If you aren't in the US and would rather just ship directly to Debbie, please email me and I can give you here address.
I know this isn't much time, but we need to get them over there as soon as possible. Anything you can send would be great. Thank you so much!
I know I have been down lately with all the sad things in the news – the economy, people sick, etc. This is one way to lift our own spirits, but mostly the spirits of others. What a good thing.
And, I will randomly pick a few return address labels of those of you who send in cards to give a prize to. Something good – I promise you will like.
I went through some of my cards to find ones to write in for this drive today. And I plan to make more. Thought I would share this one – I think it would be perfect to send. Bright and cheery. (Sorry if I shared it before – it is from a class I did in the fall.) I just stamped a big floral image and colored it. I then punched circles from the image. One is adhered over the main piece. Two are positioned below circles punched in the main piece. In fact, I have a video showing this technique – just click HERE.
And here is a pile of cards from the last card drive I did. The cards are piled about a foot deep. Gotta love it…
Thanks everyone. Think you could play along? 🙂