Caring Hearts Card Drive 2014
Holiday time is approaching and we are back for the 5th year for our annual Caring Hearts Card Drive to collect holiday cards for the elderly that live in nursing homes. Last year we received over 3600 cards and we hope to collect even more this time around!
As we celebrate this milestone, Vera Yates (the true mastermind behind this card drive) and I are excited to continue this journey and we really hoping that we can bring holiday cheers to as many nursing homes as possible.
A few important details:
- We need to receive your card by November 28, 2014.
- Please make the cards for Christmas or Holiday Wishes. Anyone can send a card – your children, church group, scout troops, etc.
- All cards need to have a message in it.
- Please sign your name and where you are from.
- Please include an envelope for each card and please don’t seal the envelope.
- Please stick to just cards (standard size A2 or 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″).
- Please don’t use any pins for safety reasons.
- This is totally optional: If you’d like to include $1 or $2 to help with shipping, it would be much appreciated. We cover the shipping cost ourselves – with no sponsor – so any donation toward shipping would help tremendously. However, this is NOT necessary.
- In each package, PLEASE include THIS SUBMISSION FORM. This helps us in keeping track for prizes! For each card you send, you will get a chance. So the more cards you send, the better your chances.
- You can mail the cards to any of these addresses:
- Vera Yates, 109 N. Post Oak Lane Ste. 430, Houston, TX 77024
- Card Drive, c/o Tina Schrof, PO Box 75, Springboro, OH 45066 (NOTE: If you mailed to this address and it was returned, please email me. The post office made an error and I will reimburse you. The address works now!)
- Caroline Bredseson, 7 Brown Street, Ottawa, ON, K1S 1L9, Canada
- Piney-Fine, Attn: Anita, PO Box 30, Piney, MBR0A 1 K0, Canada
- Linda Langes, ℅ Gilston State School, 588 Worongary Rd, GILSTON QLD 4211 AUSTRALIA
Once we collect cards, we will then distribute them to volunteers all over the country (and Canada) to take to various nursing homes.
To thank you for participating in this drive, we have many PRIZES for lucky contributors. A huge thank you to all the fabulous companies who support this card drive by donating awesome prizes! (Please note that there will also be a blog hop in celebration of this card drive soon… and we will have more prizes from Simon Says Stamp, Online Card Classes, Inspiration Emporium and Verve Stamps for that also!)
(When you next do some crafty shopping, please consider supporting these generous companies!)
- Spectrum Noir – The COMPLETE line of Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers + accessories! Includes 168 markers, storage unit, nibs and a DVD! Over a $400 value!
- Jennifer McGuire Ink – TEN fabulous stamp/die sets from Jennifer’s favorite companies.
- Ellen Hutson – The COMPLETE line of Julie Ebersole’s stamp and die release. A $210 value!
- Hero Arts – $75 gift certificate
- Simon Says Stamp – $50 gift certificates
- Online Card Classes – class of your choice! (THREE winners.)
- Ali Edwards – Four new stamp sets.
- Lawn Fawn – $50 gift certificate.
- Becky Higgins – $50 gift certificate for Project Life products.
- Paper Smooches – $50 gift certificate.
- Jane’s Doodles – $50 gift certificate.
- Waffle Flower Crafts – $50 gift certificate.
- Freckled Fawn – $50 gift certificate.
- Tim Holtz – Four Tim Holtz stamp sets.
- Crafter’s Companion USA – Stamp & dies package.
- My Favorite Things – $50 gift certificate.
- Poppy Stamps – $50 gift certificate.
- Clearly Besotted – £30 ($45 US dollars approx.) gift certificate.
- Organize More – $40 gift certificate.
- Latina Crafter – $35 gift certificate.
- Avery Elle – $30 gift certificate.
- Winnie & Walter – $30 gift certificate.
- Verve Stamps – $30 gift certificate.
- Sakuralala – TWO $15 gift certificates
- Frantic Stamper – TWO $25 gift certificates.
- Inspiration Emporium – $25 gift certificates!
- Impression Obsession – $25 gift certificate.
- Neat & Tangled – $25 gift certificate.
- Lil’ Inker Designs – $25 gift certificate.
- Wplus9 – $25 gift certificate.
- Altenew – $25 gift certificate.
- Newton’s Nook Designs – $25 gift certificate.
- Mama Elephant – $25 gift certificate.
- Butterfly Reflections – $25 gift certificate
- Reverse Confetti – $25 gift certificate
- A Jillian Vance Design – $20 gift certificate.
- Stampin’ Up Package from Alica Thelin.
- Sweet Stamp Shop – $10 gift certificate and some additional goodies!
- WOW Embossing – Assortment of embossing powders.
- Studio Calico – $20 gift certificate.
- May Arts – 2 rolls of ribbon from May Arts Holiday Collection