I recently changed how I do my nails. This is my new method. (The old method is below.)
I have started using press-on nails… that do not use liquid glue. I am trying to avoid chemicals and odors that may be harmful and am so thankful this works for me!
These are press-on nails that have a super strong sticker/adhesive on them. You just peel off the release paper and stick them on. I find the hold for a week or more. (I usually get bored and change them lol.) I have NO damage to my nails underneath.
I use two brands:
- Dashing Diva – you can even get super long ones and trim as you want!
- Impress – I find these hold even better!
- Make sure nails are very dry. Wipe nails clear with alcohol swab and let dry for 5 minutes.
- Peel off release paper from nail. Press nailson, pushing close to cuticle. Press firmly.
- Trim with nail clippers and file to shape.
- Avoid getting wet (aka shower) for several hours. Best to do before bed.
- When ready to remove, I simply peel them off after a shower.
These are FAST to put on. I am SO happy with them and am glad I made the change.
Hope this helps!
Hi! I have been getting a lot of questions about my nails so I thought I would share some info. Please know I am far from an expert… this is just what works for me.
I use nail wraps. These last a long time for me, don’t chip, take less time to do, less fumes, and protect my (very weak) nails, allowing them to get longer.
There are two places I like to get nail supplies…
Here is my process:
- I paint my nails with a strengthener. You can skip this if you want, but I think it helps.
- I then apply the nail stickers. I like Vanity Table Ohora or Dashing Diva Glaze. These both are gel nail wraps. I press the stickers down well (especially around the edge – it comes with a tool to help do this), cut off the excess, and then put on a UV glove (optional). I then cure the nails under a UV light for a minute or so. (You can get an inexpensive light HERE or HERE, but there are often codes to get them for free.) You can see the process in HERE.
- After curing, the nails will be hard. I file to smooth the edges.
- If you want added shine, you can put on a top coat of clear gel polish. I like to do this and like that the gel polish does not touch my nails. I only do one coat. And, again, the UV light to harden. There is no drying time – it will be dry and hard from the light.
- To remove, I apply a bit of removal oil (HERE or HERE) around my nail and let it soak. I like that this is an an oil and not a harsh remover. The process is like shown HERE.
Sometimes I will also use Dashing Diva Gloss Nails for accent nails. They are not gel nail wraps and therefore are not as thick. I do put a gel clear coat on top to make it stronger. I remove in the same way.
These last me for 2 weeks, however I often change sooner because I think it is fun. I have not had damage to my nails. Hope this helps!