Hi! Our family is working together again to raise money for a good cause!!!!
Many kids are struggling with anxiety… more than ever. A local organization is helping local schools to give the kids tools to find comfort. Here is more info:
“Sycamore Bridges is working with Sycamore Community Schools on a major mental health initiative to provide “calming boxes” in all 216 elementary classrooms. The boxes will contain a variety of stress-relieving items designed to reduce anxiety and offer support for children who would benefit from redirection. The boxes also give teachers additional tools to make sure all students feel comfortable in the classroom. Each item was carefully selected by our team of school counselors. Through a generous grant, we have the boxes nearly full for the start of school! With your help, we are hoping to add weighted lap pads ($35/pad) to each calming box. Weighted lap pads are sensory tools that promote regulation, calming, and refocusing without disrupting classroom instruction. If you would like to contribute to this large-scale district initiative, CLICK HERE and type “Calming Box” in your note.”
FYI – this fundraiser will be capped at a certain amount, so please give while you can!
Ken, Colin, Lila and I wanted to help. So we are offering to sending a little gift to donators… and also a chance to win some crafty goodies.
- Anyone who gives ANY amount will be entered into a raffle to win handmade cards (I will send out 50+ in total!) and huge boxes of stamps and dies!
- Anyone who donates $35+ (the cost of a weighted lap pad) will get a pack of FIVE fun crafty stickers. These are great for laptops, desks, and more. The cost of these stickers and mailing them is being covered by our family – not by the money raised.
- Anyone who donates $100+ will get a handmade card made by Jennifer, also!
- Lila will be packing the stickers. Colin will be addressing and mailing them as the fundraiser closes.
If you are interested, you must do the following:
- Make a donation HERE.
- Take a screen shot of your donation including the amount (if over $35 or $100).
- Email the screen shot to [email protected] along with your name and address.
- (If you would prefer, you can forward your donation email receipt to [email protected])
- Stickers and cards will be sent out in September.
You will hear back from us to let you know we have received your email and entered you into the raffle. Please be patient as it will take time for us to get sticker packs and cards out. We will randomly pick some names to send a surprise handmade card or giant box of crafty goodies!
(By the way, if you donated to Colin’s LLS fundraiser or Rice for Life fundraiser, all prizes and cards have been sent. If you did not receive, please email us!)
Thank you so much. We appreciate your kindness!
Jennifer, Ken, Colin and Lila