Hello! Today I am sharing information about my favorite tools, papers, inks, and such for creating ink blended backgrounds.
[All supplies are linked to multiple sources in the thumbnails at the end of this post. Multiple stores are also linked in the parentheses following the product name. Compensated affiliate links may be used at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.]
My video shares the tools I like to use for ink blending. I have used the Tim Holtz Mini Ink Blending Tools for many years, and they are wonderful… especially for applying a heavy amount of blended color… of pretty much any ink type. And recently, blending brushes have become more popular. I like these tools for a lighter application of water-based dye ink. Be sure to watch the video for a comparison of the different options.
By the way, I only share brushes from crafty companies. I know the quality will be good and that they will back their products. Also, there are other types of inking tools, such as daubers and sponges. However, I feel the ones I focused on today are the most versatile and best for most inking applications. Finally, keep in mind I am not an expert on these products – I just am sharing my experience.
I am hesitant to do a price comparison, but I know people will be interested. Keep in mind that it is really hard to compare as the size of the tools vary, etc. For the brushes, I priced the medium/bigger brushes, not the tiny detailers. Also, prices vary.
- Tim Holtz Mini Ink Blending Tools – Replacements foam pieces available – 2 for $7 – approx. $3.50 per tool.
- Picket Fence Life Changing Brushes – Different variety packs and brush sizes are available – 4 for $26 – approx. $6.50 per tool.
- Taylored Expressions Blender Brushes – One size only – Sells out fast, on pre-order now – 10 for $49 – approx $4.90 per tool.
- The Stamp Market Blending Brushes – Different buying options and sizes are available – Lowest price on their website – average of $4.25 per tool.
- Honey Bee Background Blender Brushes – Different sizes available – 2 for $13 – approx. $6.50
- Trinity Stamp White Blending Buddy – One size, but stands on own and comes with cap – approx. $7
I have all of these options linked in the thumbnails below… along with the work surfaces and paper I like for inking… and storage options.
I hope this is helpful!
Want to find the products I used? I have listed them below. (Compensated affiliate links used at no cost to you. Thank you for your support! Affiliate and product disclosure can be found here. All products were personally purchased. Although I did receive a few to try from the some of the companies, I bought additional of every tool personally. As always, I was not paid to do this post. I only use products I love!) Click on the icons below each product picture to go to a favorite store.