Hi there. Today I am (finally!!!) sharing my 6×6 background stamp storage.
I have been using this system for all my cling background stamps (6×6 and smaller) for awhile now and am very, very happy with it. Therefore, I felt it was finally time to share! (I like to live with a system a bit before I share it, just to be sure I would recommend it 100%.)
I keep my background stamps in THESE sleeves that are approximately 6 3/4″ x 6 3/4″. The thin sleeves actually come with an adhesive flap which I cut off. They are a little larger than the stamps, but I like the slightly loose fit for easy access. I labeled the sleeves in the same way I label all my stamps and dies – – using my favorite label maker. (Click HERE to see a video of the label maker in action.) I cut white cardstock inserts for support inside the pockets.
I keep the sleeves in categories with plastic dividers. The dividers are cut from inexpensive plastic folders. (You could recycle cardboard or laminate cardstock if you wanted.) I just added category titles using clear label in my label maker and rounded the corners with my Corner Chomper.
If you’ve seen my previous storage videos, you know I’m a big fan of the InterDesign Linus Storage Containers. I find that there are various 8″-wide containers is that work great for holding these background stamps. Here are some options:
- Background Stamp Container – with lip on front… as shown in video.
- Background Stamp Container – with lip on front, but longer to hold more stamps… as shown in video.
- Background Stamp Container – with no lip and longer to hold more stamps. (I ordered this and plan to use.)
- Background Stamp Container – with no lip and longer to hold more stamps and taller.
- Background Stamp Container – with no lip and smaller for less storage space.
Please look closely at the sizes before ordering. There are many options! Any container that is 7.5″ to 8″ wide would work well.
I hope you give this organizational system a try. It is really working well for me – – I find I’m using more of my background stamps now!
Here are some additional helpful videos:
- My clear and cling stamp storage system.
- My stencil storage system. Stencil storage.
- A playlist of various organization videos.
Interested in the products I used? To make them easy to find, I have listed them below. (Affiliate and product disclosure can be found here.) Click on the letters below each picture to go to a favorite store: Simon Says Stamp (SSS), Ellen Hutson (EH), Amazon (AZ), Container Store (CS), etc.