Video: Faux Texture Inking + Mini Distress Ink Pad Giveaway!
Hello! Today I have a fun faux texture inking technique along with a peek at the newest colors of Mini Distress Ink Pads. Oh, and a giveaway!
[All supplies are linked in the thumbnails at the end of this post. Again, my apologies for the poor video lighting!]
I don’t think I have any one product I use more than Distress Ink. The number and type of techniques you can use this ink for is incredible! Today I used various Mini Distress Ink colors along with my Mini Ink Blending Tool over a flower stencil for fast and smooth coloring. I then laid the Dreamweaver Stencil Screen over the stencil and inked some more… creating the grid-like texture you see on the leaves and flowers. Such a fun way to stretch your products.
I also did this technique to the edge of my card… and added a black and white stamped strip for contrast. Oh, and that greeting? It is a new one from Avery Elle. So fun!
Distress Inks have always been available in full-size ink pads but are now also available in a mini size. This size is great for anyone who wants to get their hands on a lot of colors, or just likes the convenience of working with a small size. There were originally 12 mini colors, but today Ranger released 12 more. I store my mini ink pads in little sandwich containers (love this line of containers), along with a Mini Ink Blending Tool and replacement foams. This works so very well! I have three containers for my inks and they store easily.
Want to procrastinate a bit this Monday morning and check out a few more of my Distress Ink videos?
- Quick Watercolor Backgrounds and Iron-Off Embossing – This video also uses these mini ink pads and tools.
- Color Swatch Organization – Check out this post for a video and free downloads for keeping track of your Distress Ink (and other ink) colors.
- Distress Ink + Stencils – This video shares more on Distress Inks, the Mini Ink Blending Tool and stencils.
- Distress Ink Storage – I love being organized! This video shows how I store my regular Distress Inks and Blending Tools. (I have since replaced all the tools with the mini version.)
- Distress Ink Bleed – This crazy technique is easy and fun.
- YouTube – If you are new to my videos, please subscribe HERE as I show a lot of different ways to use Distress Inks, etc.
How would you like to try the 12 newest colors of Mini Distress Ink Pads? Just leave a comment here by 11:59pmEST on 4/21/14 for your chance to win.
Below are the products featured above. To find them at Simon Says Stamp, click on the SSS below the thumbnails. For Ellen Hutson click on EH and for Amazon click AMZ…