Hello! Today I have a fun faux texture inking technique along with a peek at the newest colors of Mini Distress Ink Pads. Oh, and a giveaway!
[All supplies are linked in the thumbnails at the end of this post. Again, my apologies for the poor video lighting!]
I don’t think I have any one product I use more than Distress Ink. The number and type of techniques you can use this ink for is incredible! Today I used various Mini Distress Ink colors along with my Mini Ink Blending Tool over a flower stencil for fast and smooth coloring. I then laid the Dreamweaver Stencil Screen over the stencil and inked some more… creating the grid-like texture you see on the leaves and flowers. Such a fun way to stretch your products.
Distress Inks have always been available in full-size ink pads but are now also available in a mini size. This size is great for anyone who wants to get their hands on a lot of colors, or just likes the convenience of working with a small size. There were originally 12 mini colors, but today Ranger released 12 more. I store my mini ink pads in little sandwich containers (love this line of containers), along with a Mini Ink Blending Tool and replacement foams. This works so very well! I have three containers for my inks and they store easily.
Want to procrastinate a bit this Monday morning and check out a few more of my Distress Ink videos?
- Quick Watercolor Backgrounds and Iron-Off Embossing – This video also uses these mini ink pads and tools.
- Color Swatch Organization – Check out this post for a video and free downloads for keeping track of your Distress Ink (and other ink) colors.
- Distress Ink + Stencils – This video shares more on Distress Inks, the Mini Ink Blending Tool and stencils.
- Distress Ink Storage – I love being organized! This video shows how I store my regular Distress Inks and Blending Tools. (I have since replaced all the tools with the mini version.)
- Distress Ink Bleed – This crazy technique is easy and fun.
- YouTube – If you are new to my videos, please subscribe HERE as I show a lot of different ways to use Distress Inks, etc.
How would you like to try the 12 newest colors of Mini Distress Ink Pads? Just leave a comment here by 11:59pmEST on 4/21/14 for your chance to win.