Hello! Today I talkin’ about the new Studio Calico Color Theory Inks (and other goodies). And to make it even better, I have a set to giveaway along with a free shipping discount! (More below.)
This video with *a lot* of information, including a look at these inks, new embellishments, a card example, tips for stamping straight and more. (So even if you aren’t looking to get any new inks, there are tips at the end of the video that may interest you.)
(Supplies are linked in the thumbnails at the end of this post.)
First, here is a look the colors in the Studio Calico Color Theory family. There are 12 colors… and a nice mix. The video talks more about my favorite colors.
Again, the video shares a lot of information on these Studio Calico inks. But here are some key points:
- These are dye inks so they will be fast-drying and absorb into the paper. (To learn more about dye inks vs. other inks, check out this video.) These do *slightly* smooth out with time after stamping, but not nearly as much as Hero Arts Shadow Inks or SSS inks. When stamping outline images with the SC, the results are pretty crisp. For solid images, I get good results.
- Non-staining! Yes, you heard me right. Most dye inks stain clear stamps and this bugs people. Stained stamps don’t bother me as it doesn’t effect the use of the stamp, but I know many people will be thrilled by the essentially non-staining feature.
- The ink pads are smaller than most, but stack nicely for good storage and have a low price point.
- The colors are a pretty close match to the ink pad lid which is very helpful. (This seems unusual for many inks.)
- These inks work with Copic Markers once they are completely dry. Woot!
- These inks are ideal for second and third generation stamping. I have never seen an ink work this well with this technique. This is the coolest property!
Interested in these inks? You can find them HERE. Use the code “JMSHIP” for free shipping when you buy all 12 colors of the Studio Calico Color Theory Inks all at once. Code expires 3/31/14. (Just put each ink in your cart – not the bundle.)
I have a complete set of all 12 Studio Calico Color Theory Inks for one lucky winner! For your chance, leave a comment here by 11:59pmEST on 2/28/14 telling me which of the new ink colors is your favorite. Good luck!
In the video, I gave a peek at my new ink swatch system. In a few days, I will be back with a more complete look at the system, along with printable downloads for my other inks. But in the meantime, I wanted to share the PDF I used for creating the 2″x2″ ink swatch squares for the Studio Calico Inks. All you do is open the link, right click to save, print it (don’t resize) and cut as instructed. These little squares fit perfectly in coin pocket pages. (Again, more on this soon. But I LOVE it.) In the meantime, here is the download…
(Just FYI… I was not asked to do this review. I bought the inks and spent some time getting to know them. After liking them and telling Studio Calico, they offered to give me the discount code and giveaway. If I did not truly like these inks, I wouldn’t have done this video! And yes, there are many great inks that I use on this blog. And no, you don’t need them all. I just hope by sharing with you the best of the best, you can better decide which are best suited for you.)
Thanks for stopping by! See you soon.