I am on a mission.
A mission to use more of the 6×6 paper pads that I seem to collect. So today I have a card showing one simple way a stamper can use patterned papers…
Whenever I need a happy card for one of my kids, I seem to often reach for Paper Smooches. This new stamp set with the elephant just made me giddy! I stamped all the pieces on BasicGrey papers and then cut them out. Simple. Easy. Fun.
Oh – and a little trick. The stamp set had solid balloons and I wanted an outline. So I stamped the balloons in a light ink on the BACK of the patterned paper. I then cut them out and flipped them over. I used a black pen to draw around the edge. Voila! I have outline balloons on patterned paper. I also used a black pen to draw in the strings.
I also wanted the striped “floor” to have the same outline look so I drew a black line along it. This made a big difference in giving the card a completed look.
And that’s it!
CHECK THIS OUT
I also have a few fun links and info for you today…
- You must, you must, YOU MUST go check out A Blog Named Hero. This entire month they are doing a big holiday event. OH MY WORD. There are some amazing cards and guests. Go bookmark it now or subscribe. Such good stuff already and it is only day 2! (You will see one of mine over there, too.)
- Laura Bassen is one of my favorite stampers. And her video in THIS post made me melt! SO cute.
- THIS new stencil from Kelly Purkey makes my heart go pitter patter. So many great uses.
- Our newest Online Card Class starts next week! You can find out more HERE. (And I will be doing a giveaway soon.) Even if you aren’t a big holiday card maker, there are lots of techniques worth seeing.
- I got to spend time at Hero Arts this weekend. (More on that later.) The wonderful Sandy Allnock was there and she is a delight. Check out her fun videos HERE and consider following her blog. I adore her. (She is also the head of Operation Write Home.)
- THIS card over at Ellen Hutson is amazing.
- I showed one of the newest Paper Smooches stamp sets above. They had a few more I just love. Check them out: Group Hugs, Calorie Free (ack – I LOVE this!) and Fresh Snow.
- Speaking of Paper Smooches… they have a new fantastic site. Check it out HERE. They also have a free stamp set for orders over $60.
- Please, please, please consider sending in some holiday cards for the Caring Hearts Card Drive. I can’t wait to look through all the cards!
- Looking for some classy new holiday stamp sets that will allow you to create a WOW card without the fuss of layering, etc? Check out these new WPlus9 stamp sets: Pretty Poinsettias and Silver Bells. They also have matching dies.
- I have a winner! The winner of the Freckled Fawn OHDEERME Kit is Lin. I emailed you.
See you soon.