My Favorite Crafty Things: Other Fun Inspiration… Discounts + Giveaways
Today is the last day – Day 10 – of My Favorite Crafty Things 2013 and I am sharing a bunch of random things that I look to for inspiration. There is a lot of information! (Be sure to visit this feature’s main page to see the other topics.)
A little reminder that today is the last day for these two shopping discounts:
- Simon Says Stamps is offering my readers 15% off the products I feature (all shown HERE) using the code “JMFT13” through TODAY!
- Ellen Hutson is offering my readers 15% off the products I feature (all shown HERE) using the code “jennhgg” through TODAY!
Be sure to check out the additional discount codes and giveaways below – there are lots of good ones today!
So let’s dive in to some random things that I look to for inspiration…
Many times when I am looking for something to kick start my creativity, I reach for a kit. There are several kits I love! Simon Says Stamp Card Kits offers a monthly kit designed by an incredible cardmaker and has products with a universal appeal. Studio Calico offers scrapbooking, Project Life and card kits that are always on trend and have great add-on options available. All of these kits include stamps, papers, embellishments and more.
I also am a big fan of the new Freckled Fawn Ohdeerme Embellishment Kits, which come in the cutest tin and are filled with unique finishing touches (including a stamp set made by Hero Arts) for any type of paper crafting. (For 15% off your order at Ohdeerme, use code “McGuire15” through 11/30/13.)
You can subscribe to each of these kits so that they arrive to your door automatically each month (at a lower cost), or you can buy each month individually. Click each for more info:
I am a cardmaker first and foremost. But every once in awhile, I get an itch to create other types of DIY paper crafts. So I wanted to share some other fun paper crafts tools from We R Memory Keepers – the Gift Box, Pillow Box, Gift Bag and Candy Box Punch Boards. (I had shared their Envelope Punch Board earlier – see HERE – and many people asked about these tools.) Check them out in action:
OTHER FUN GOODIES
I also have a few other random bits of inspiration-provoking goodies to share with you:
- Online Card Classes (which I own with partner and dear friend Kristina Werner) offers online classes with video instruction and more. These classes have been very popular and always provide a ton of inspiration. For a video on how these classes work, check HERE.
- I really love prints from Baby Bird and Bub Bub to hang in my craft space. Very inspiring and fun. (For 15% off prints, use the code “JENSFAVE15” between now and 12/10/13.)
- A fantastic “handmade by” stamp is a fun way to share with others your love of crafting. My favorites are from Twig & Linen and Maple & Cotton (formerly Lush Prints) on Esty. (I shared these the other day but wanted to share again. Twig and Linen is offering a 20% discount through 12/10/13 with the code “TWIG20” and Maple & Cotton is offering free shipping through 11/29/13 for US customers with the code “JENSFAVE”.)
- As much as I love crafting, my kids love it even more! We are big fans of Kiwi Crate – a program that sends monthly craft kits for kids ages 3-7. One of my childhood friends is the creator and they have been amazingly successful. (For $10 off, head HERE.)
For more information on each, click below:
There are so very many awesome cardmaking blogs out there – I couldn’t even begin to link to all the ones I love. However, there are also a lot of great manufacturer and challenge blogs that I wouldn’t want you to miss. Be sure to check each out… I bet some of them will have something to offer you:
One of my favorite things about this hobby is the kindness of everyone in the industry. One of the best people I have met is Sandy Allnock – the founder of Operation Write Home. OWH has collected 2.5 million cards for our soldiers – including blank cards for soldiers to write home in. (I bet many of us have unused cards we can send in!) I highly recommend checking out the OWH blog as they have many great tutorials. It is easy to send cards in… and you can even request a free stamp to stamp the back of your OWH cards with!
Hope some of these things lead to some inspiration for you!
DISCOUNT CODE RECAP
Here is a recap of the discount codes I have for you as part of My Favorite Crafty Things:
- Freckled Fawn Ohdeerme (products & kits) – for 15% off, use the code “McGuire15” until 11/30/13.
- Baby Bird and Bub Bub (prints) – for 15% off, use the code “JENSFAVE15” until 12/10/13.
- Organize More (storage units) – for 10% off, use the code “MCGUIREINK”until 11/28/13.
- Twig and Linen (personalized stamps) – for 20% off, use the code “TWIG20” until 12/10/13.
- Maple & Cotton (formerly Lush Prints – personalized stamps) – for free shipping, use the code “JENSFAVE” until 11/29/13 for US customers.
- Simon Says Stamps – for 15% off the products I feature (all shown HERE), use the code “JMFT13” until 11:59pmEST through TODAY!
- Ellen Hutson – for 15% off the products I feature (all shown HERE), use the code “jennhgg” until 11:59pmEST through TODAY.
This list of favorite crafty things could also make a great gift guide. Feel free to pass along this link or print the page and circle what you love.
Thanks for joining me for My Favorite Crafty Things. I hope you enjoyed it!
Today I have a fabulous giveaway for FIVE lucky winners!
- 1 winner will get a Studio Calico Card Kit.
- 1 winner will get a Simon Says Stamp Card Kit.
- 1 winner will get a Freckled Fawn Ohdeerme Kit.
- 2 winners will get a TWO prints from Baby Bird and Bub Bub.
For your chance, just leave a comment here by 11:59pmEST on 11/29/13 telling me your favorite source of inspiration. Good luck to all!