I am so very excited to announce the start of our newest card drive – Cards for Kids.
We are hoping to collect a ton of cards for EIGHT sick children and their families. Cards of encouragement, love, cheer and hope. We truly feel that cards can lift spirits. And, in these rough times, it is an inexpensive way to make a difference in someone's life.
And, of course, there will be lots of prizes!
Now, about these amazing kids. Here are the eight – possible others will be announced soon. (Click on each name to learn more about them and their families.)
CARDS FOR KIDS children:
- Kate – Age 5
- Gavin – Age 4
- Sami – Age 18
- Meg – Age 4
- Zach – Age 8
- David – Age 6
- Braden – Age 4
- Emily – Age 6
- This card drive will be ongoing. We have no end date set.
- Cards can be anything cheery, encouraging, supportive, etc. Anyone can send a card – even your children, scout troops, etc.
- Cards can be for the child or for their family members. Many parents mentioned that the ill child's siblings would really like the attention of a card.
- All cards need to have a message in it for the child/family. Please also sign your name and where you are from. On the card envelope, write the name of who the card is for. Also, please don't seal the envelope, as the parents might want to preview cards before the kids see them.
- Please stick to just cards or stickers. If you want to send anything heavier, please include a bit of money to cover the added cost.
- Kids seem to really like jokes and silly cards – it lifts their spirits and helps them to forget their challenges.
- There is no need to send money with your cards. However, it is greatly appreciated as it helps with the cost of mailing the thousands of cards and many, many prizes.
- All cards can be mailed to the following address:
Cards for Kids
PO Box 428612
Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
- In each package, PLEASE include a piece of paper with your name, address, email address and how many cards you sent and for which child/family they were for. This helps us greatly in keeping track for prizes! For each card you send, you will get a chance. So the more cards you send, the better your chances. (See below.)
- PRIZES! At the last day of every other month, I will pick EIGHT prizes to send out. One prize will go to someone who sent in cards for Kate in that two month span. One will go to someone who sent a card for Gavin in that two month span, etc. So, if you really want a prize, it is best to send in cards for each child/family each month. We will keep track of how many you sent for each child. (The first round of prizes – to be given at the end of January – will be announced soon. If you are a company or individual who wants to donate a prize, please email me.)
- If you want to do Christmas/Holiday cards, please mail them right away – they need to be here by the 15th.
I know I am missing some details, as there is so much to think about! I will add more as we go, so be sure to ask your questions.
And, once again, a HUGE shout out to Jana and Kristina for all they do for these card drives. I could never do it without them. And to Mary Kay and Heather, who have volunteered to help with shipping of cards. And… my dear dad who picks up cards every single day from my PO Box and gives them to me in huge bunches. THANK YOU. Love you all.
Thanks again for giving your time and talent for this.
(Oh, and I will be back tomorrow with a prize… 😉