Before I forget (again)… the winners of the brads are Olivia and Gretchyn! I emailed you both to get your addresses.
Next up, here are some cards I did today while Colin was doing the same. (He likes doing art stuff – it is the only way he is like me – he is totally like his dad every other way.) I just grabbed some scraps that I had collected over the last week, including some extra stamped pieces, embossed pieces, etc. (I keep these "nicer" scraps in a little basket to use whenever I am too lazy to create new pieces for cards. Ha.) Here are the things I came up with.
This first one is using scraps from the card I did yesterday. (Which, I realized, I think I broke one of Kristina's challenge rules: I used dark brown for the greeting, but that that isn't in the color combo. Opps.) I love these stamps that Dawn created!
Supplies: Papertrey Ink Stamps (greeting and umbrella), Hero Arts (stamp, notecard and pearls), Making Memories paper (ledger 8×8 paper), October Afternoon paper (patterned teal), Quickutz embossing folder (on the top teal piece – hard to see), SEI paper (dotted teal), EK Success foam adhesive, corner rounder, Memories Black Inkm string
Here is another use-up-some-good-scraps card. (Click HERE to watch a video showing the technique on the hearts.)
Supplies: Papertrey Ink Stamp (greeting), Hero Arts stamps (background and on hearts), Hero Arts gems (which appear to not be put on completely), Quickutz embossing folder, EK Success foam adhesive, corner rounder, Distress Inks, Fiskars heart punch
Time for some links. You all shared some great manufacturer blogs – thanks! Here are some of them…
- Becs linked me to Maya Road – love it.
- Stephanie mentioned three: Reminisce, Prima and Bo Bunny.
- Avital told me about an inspiring site called Creature Comforts. It isn't a scrap blog, but it is fun.
- So glad Vicki mentioned it – I had forgotten to say Jillibean Soup's blog.
- This is a very interesting site – looks cool: Scraptagious.
- Mustangkayla mentioned Cosmo Cricket's blog. Looks like a great one.
- And, it turns out some of you are enabler's, too. Sarita shared THIS fabulous etsy seller. Wow!
- Shirley l hooked me up with the Flourishes blog – yum!
- Cynthia told me about the Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine Blog. Lots of ideas.
- I also forgot to mention that the Garden Girls have a blog on 2peas that is updated every day by a new GG. Click HERE to visit. Great ideas there.
- And, Creating Keepsakes' blog is up and running. Lots of special guests, etc.
- For lots of Quickutz ideas (and a sweet girl), check out Kerri Bradford's blog.
- Kelly Goree's blog rocks with Basic Grey ideas.
Speaking of Basic Grey: OH MY. That sums up how I feel about their new lines. OH MY. I am SO excited to get these lines. So very pretty…
OH MY. 🙂
I have been spending a lot of time planting. And buying more and more plants. Anyone else planting? Tell me what you like – I am always looking for new flowers to try. I like lots of color. Here are two of my many different clematis (the flowers are bigger than my open hand) and a new hanging pot…
Night! See you tomorrow…