Hey, folks. Hope you are all having a good weekend. Warning: long post tonight. ☺
First, I wanted to announce the winner of the Fiskars stamp set. The lucky one is… Karen Malloy! I will email you.
Also, I hope to post the Part 2 of my scraproom on Monday, along with a cool giveaway to go with it. Let's hope Colin takes a good nap tomorrow. Hee…
Now, I have a fun blog link for you! Jenyfur from Caardvarks contacted me and asked for me to play along on her blog. And it is a fantastic site! She sent me a photo to use as inspiration for a card. Here are both…
To make this card, I used a twist on the resist technique. I stamped the bottom of the kraft card with Versamark and clear heat embossed. I then rubbed red chalk ink over it and the embossed area resisted that ink. Finally, I sprayed it with a shimmer mist. Looks pretty cool in real life. Oh, and please go visit the Caardvarks on their site HERE. Such fun stuff there and tons of inspiration.
Next, thanks for all the great ideas for the holiday cards that I have left to donate. I found a few that were good fits for what I have and the rest of the ideas I am saving in a file for future donation ideas. I can't thank you all enough! I ended up finding more holiday cards to donate. (A huge thank you to Carol at Stamper's Corner in California. She sent hundreds of old cards from her store and many were holiday ones. Love you, Carol!) So, here are the places I will sending holiday cards to and who is helping me out…
- Julia Carter is taking some to her local childrens hospital. She had received notice that they were needing cards.
- Andi Sexton offered to take some to her local school to get them signed. Then, she will give them to her local nursing home. What a great idea!
- Mary Doak is going to take some of my own personal non-holiday cards for her church youth group – they will be selling them to raise money.
- Jaci Seerat offered to take some to her local Hospice and VA center. Thank you.
- Vicki Sullivan pointed me in the direction of the card drive the Red Cross is doing HERE. More on this in a minute, but I will surely send cards here.
IMPORTANT INFO HERE… All you cardmakers – here is something simple to do that is really a great cause. The Red Cross has given us an easy way to send cards to our country's heroes. And we have until December 10th to do it! (I know some of you aren't in the USA. If you find info of programs in your country that I can share here, please let me know!) You can go HERE for the details. This is easy – you could even send one of your own cards. Please check it out. ☺
(Totally switching gears here…)
If you are looking for a good gift for a someone of all ages – and are a fellow God girl ☺ – check out the Veggie Tales Snoodle Tales DVD. I only have this one for Colin and it is so good. The Snoodle story is so feel-good and perfect for any age. Think Dr.-Seuss-meets-God-loves-you. It is so playful and fun. Can't wait to show it to the girls – they will love it. They used to watch the other Veggie Tales videos on VHS.
OK… I don't want to bore you any longer. Night!