Yes. I have to do it. 🙂
I have to do some enabling.
I have gotten many emails asking for more info. So, if you aren’t a geek like me, feel free to ignore this post. 🙂 I rarely stray from the subject of stamping/scrapbooking, but…
Here’s the thing: I truly believe that when a woman delivers a child, the doctor should have the dad cut the cord while the nurse hands the mom an iPhone. Yes… I believe every mom should have one.
But, unfortunately, it is pricey. I know it is an extravagance. (Not something I would normally get.) So, here’s the other thing: Sell some stuff to get one. Yep, that is what I did when I first got one. I sold tons of scrapbooking stuff on ebay. Even sold some of Colin’s old, too-small baby clothes. (I know someone who started selling handmade scrapbooking pieces to sell on etsy to make the cash.) And I stopped going to Starbucks often to justify the monthly expense. (Yes, I am justifying, but I do love it that much.)
So, without further ado…
Top Ten (Long) Reasons to Get An iPhone:
10. Ever been stuck at the playground or library where you are trying to hang off to the side so that your little ones will make some new friends? Imagine having internet access right in your little paws. Full access. Easy to read – just like your computer at home. Ah… the best.
9. Ever come home after a day away and had a ton of emails in your inbox? Overwhelming, right? Well, with your iPhone, you can keep up on it all day and come home and watch some mindless TV (or post a mindless blog post like me) instead of digging through email. And the email is literally one button away on the iPhone and so stinkin’ easy to read.
8. Ever been out and about and wondered if a store is open? Or where they are located? No problem. Just pull up the number on your handy iPhone via the internet. Click on the number on the web page and it will dial. Need directions? Just click the address and enjoy the GPS service. Woohoo!
7. Ever been somewhere and heard a song you just love and would love to know who sings it? That’s easy. Just push the Shazam application on your iPhone. Within 10 seconds, it will tell you who sings it and the name. Also, it will link you to iTunes to buy it, or to YouTube to play the song and video. In fact, last night at a Mexican restaurant, I was quickly able to identify the obscure music playing. A good thing. Oh, and this leads to Reason 7.5: Looking for something for your kids to do while out and about? That’s easy. Have them sing a song and see if your iPhone can identify it. Good laughs are sure to follow.
6. Ever been out and about and notice your kid doing the funniest or cutest thing? Wish your husband could see, but he is at work? We can do that! Just take a photo with your iPhone and with one click, you can put it in an email and send it to him. He will love the smile – a win-win. Oh! And want to send a print of that photo to Grandma? Woohoo! You can do that – the iPhone photos are so good you can get them printed. Check out this one I took on the beach in St. John to send to Grandpa back at home. He was happy. 🙂
5. Ever been with your little ones on a really long plane ride? Where you feel like you would do anything to keep them happy until arrival? Never fear. Just start a movie playing on your iPhone. The kids will stay happy and so will you. It is like a mini flat screen TV in your hands.
4. Ever forget your grocery list at home? Or wish you just had a master list you could add and delete from? Got that solved. Just keep your list in your iPhone. It is easy to follow as you shop. Oh, and I keep my list in the order at which I would find it in the store. So wonderful…
3. Ever been in a store about to buy something, but wonder if there could be a better price somewhere else or online? Or wonder what kind of reviews the product gets? Oh, yes. Just look it up online on your iPhone. In fact, that helped my dear Jana out when she was shopping for new TVs. (Yes, I enabled her into an iPhone, too.)
2. Ever wanted to feel young and hip again? It is easy to fake when holding an iPhone. 🙂
And the number one reason to have an iPhone is…
1. YOU DESERVE IT. 🙂
Still don’t believe me? Watch THIS VIDEO and you will be off to find things to sell in order to buy one…
Oh, and if you have an old iPhone, this one works just like the old one. But faster! Much faster. Uses 3G for internet. And has GPS goodness. It feels like the old one (a bit more contoured) and is just a joy all around. And! This is the best part – you can sell your old iPhone on ebay for over $300, which is MORE than it costs to get a new one! (Some folks want to buy the old one because you can unlock it to use it with any service, not just AT&T. However, I just sold mine as is – didn’t feel right unlocking it.) So, upgrading can be “free!” 🙂
Have a good day!