Hello and welcome! Today’s video shares how to do quick and fun coloring using pigment inks.
Getting a blended colored image is something many cardmakers (including me!) want so much on our cards. Today’s trick is perfect for this and it uses something many of us already have – pigment inks.
For these cards, I first stamped the fruit images from the Avery Elle Berry Good Stamp Set with VersaFine black ink and heat embossed with clear powder. Now it is time to color… with my fingers! I dabbed my finger in various colors of Avery Elle pigment ink and applied the color to the images, layering to blend. Don’t worry if you get too much color in certain areas - you can use a cloth to wipe it away.
(Speaking of cleaning, it’s very easy to wipe the ink off your finger. I know some of you don’t like to get your hands inky, but this is an easy clean-up because pigment ink “sits on top of the surface” and doesn’t absorb and stain your fingers.)
I used a die from the Avery Elle’s Just A Note die set to add a dotted frame around the fruit images. I like this die because it doesn’t cut but rather pierces dots… creating a focal point for your card.
Here are some other fun links for you:
- Looking for more ideas using these products? My friends at Avery Elle have a great blog HERE.
- HERE is another video showing coloring with pigment inks.
- Watch THIS and THIS to learn more about these pigment inks.
I have TWO chances for you to win a great prize today! Super simple…
- For your chance to win TWO fabulous Avery Elle stamp sets, leave a comment here by 11:59pm EST on 3/17/15. (The winner’s name will be randomly selected and posted on my “Winners page” after the giveaway closes. International folks are eligible, too!)
- Head over to the Avery Elle Blog for your chance to win a $25 gift certificate! Just go HERE.
Interested in the products I used? To make them easy for you to find, I have listed them below. (Affiliate and product disclosure can be found here. Thanks to Avery Elle for these products!) Click on the letters below each picture to go to a favorite store: Simon Says Stamp (SSS), Ellen Hutson (EH), Amazon (AZ), Avery Elle (AE), etc.