I went away for the holiday weekend and the kids and I brought back a bad bug. Can’t believe we are sick! Once we get better, I will share winners and more projects. Stay tuned.
In the meantime I wanted to give you the heads up on a fun project I did over at Ellen Hutson. Ellen has started her annual 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist… and I am on day 1. Here is a peek at my project – I stamped on embossing paste!
To see the complete project and step-by-step photos, head over to Ellen Hutson HERE.
I am on a mission.
A mission to use more of the 6×6 paper pads that I seem to collect. So today I have a card showing one simple way a stamper can use patterned papers…
Whenever I need a happy card for one of my kids, I seem to often reach for Paper Smooches. This new stamp set with the elephant just made me giddy! I stamped all the pieces on BasicGrey papers and then cut them out. Simple. Easy. Fun.
Oh – and a little trick. The stamp set had solid balloons and I wanted an outline. So I stamped the balloons in a light ink on the BACK of the patterned paper. I then cut them out and flipped them over. I used a black pen to draw around the edge. Voila! I have outline balloons on patterned paper. I also used a black pen to draw in the strings.
I also wanted the striped “floor” to have the same outline look so I drew a black line along it. This made a big difference in giving the card a completed look.
And that’s it!
CHECK THIS OUT
I also have a few fun links and info for you today…
- You must, you must, YOU MUST go check out A Blog Named Hero. This entire month they are doing a big holiday event. OH MY WORD. There are some amazing cards and guests. Go bookmark it now or subscribe. Such good stuff already and it is only day 2! (You will see one of mine over there, too.)
- Laura Bassen is one of my favorite stampers. And her video in THIS post made me melt! SO cute.
- THIS new stencil from Kelly Purkey makes my heart go pitter patter. So many great uses.
- Our newest Online Card Class starts next week! You can find out more HERE. (And I will be doing a giveaway soon.) Even if you aren’t a big holiday card maker, there are lots of techniques worth seeing.
- I got to spend time at Hero Arts this weekend. (More on that later.) The wonderful Sandy Allnock was there and she is a delight. Check out her fun videos HERE and consider following her blog. I adore her. (She is also the head of Operation Write Home.)
- THIS card over at Ellen Hutson is amazing.
- I showed one of the newest Paper Smooches stamp sets above. They had a few more I just love. Check them out: Group Hugs, Calorie Free (ack – I LOVE this!) and Fresh Snow.
- Speaking of Paper Smooches… they have a new fantastic site. Check it out HERE. They also have a free stamp set for orders over $60.
- Please, please, please consider sending in some holiday cards for the Caring Hearts Card Drive. I can’t wait to look through all the cards!
- Looking for some classy new holiday stamp sets that will allow you to create a WOW card without the fuss of layering, etc? Check out these new WPlus9 stamp sets: Pretty Poinsettias and Silver Bells. They also have matching dies.
- I have a winner! The winner of the Freckled Fawn OHDEERME Kit is Lin. I emailed you.
See you soon.
Below are the products featured above. To find them at Simon Says Stamp, click on the SSS below the thumbnails. For Ellen Hutson, click on EH…
I am just going to start out with this: Cancer sucks. Especially breast cancer.
Breast cancer hangs over our heads in my family. My grandma had it. Ken’s grandma died from it. My mom and I have had scares. One of my best friends had it. It just sucks.
When I learned that the mom of one of my good friends, Julie, was having surgery to kick breast cancer’s butt, I was crushed. I wished I lived closer so I could help out. But instead, I did what I know best – I started making cards.
So today I have the great honor of filling in Julie’s very big/talented/fabulous shoes for the Ellen Hutson “Hello, Monday” feature. This is a video feature that Julie does on Ellen’s store blog every Monday… and it is incredible. (So incredible that I have an alarm on my calendar to remind me to go there every Monday. You should, too. To see previous Hello, Monday features, just head to the Ellen Hutson CLASSroom blog and search on “Hello, Monday.”)
To see my video featuring three pink encouragement cards, head HERE. Here are some peeks…
And to those of you out there who have breast cancer in your lives in any way – you are in my prayers. My grandma had a mastectomy at a young age and lived to 101. There is hope.
Big hugs all around. Oh – and please don’t forget the power of one simple card. It is an amazing hobby we have, huh?
(And a big thank you to Ellen Hutson – who lost her sweet mom recently – for supporting many artists in this industry. You are loved.)
Just popping in to share a few things. Not many, but a few…
That’s all. See you soon.
Hello! Just a few heads up for you today.
First up – Simon Says Stamp has 20% your entire purchase! Move quick – it ends today. Just go HERE and use the code “SUMMER20″ for your deal.
And if you are a Project Lifer, you can use this discount to get all the new Becky Higgins Project Life products HERE. I am at the beginning stages of doing Project Life (anyone want to babysit so I can make some progress? LOL) and can’t wait to get more.
Also, I have an AWESOME new product for all you Sizzix die cutting lovers out there. They just came out with an Extended Multi-Purpose Platform! I love the regular tabbed platform that the machine comes with, but this is longer so it works with longer dies… or lets you die cut more at once. It has all the tabs on it to let you use different types or dies and embossing folders. This is all you need. AND! If you use a Vagabond like me, this replaces the adapter plate, etc. So happy. It works with all the Sizzix Big Shot machines, too…
While we are shopping, here are a few random new goodies that made my heart skip a beat…
Adore this sequins-gone-classy pack from Studio Calico. Navy? Wood grain? Yes, please…
I haven’t seen a great butterfly stamp set in awhile. But this new one from My Favorite Things is gorgeous and unique…
You know I adore kraft cardstock… and love any kind of texture. Put them together and you have wood-grain-textured-kraft-cardstock. Yay!
That’s it! Off to shop. Happy Sunday.
Just a few fun things to check out today.
Have you seen anything awesome out there? Share a link… I would love to see it.