I am so very excited to announce the ROUND 4 of our card drive – Cards for Kids.
We are hoping to collect a ton of cards for THIRTEEN sick children and their families. Cards of encouragement, love, cheer and hope. We truly feel that cards can lift spirits. And, in these rough times, it is an inexpensive way to make a difference in someone’s life.
Now, about these amazing kids. (Click on each name to learn more about them and their families.)
CARDS FOR KIDS children:
- This card drive will be ongoing. We have no end date set. However, this round of prizes will be drawn from cards shipped by December 31st.
- Cards can be anything cheery, encouraging, supportive, etc. Anyone can send a card – even your children, scout troops, etc.
- Cards can be for the child or for their family members. For family members, please make the names on it “Brother Nate” or “Sister Olivia” so we can tell between multiple names.
- All cards need to have a message in it for the child/family. Please also sign your name and where you are from. On the card envelope, write the name of who the card is for. Also, please don’t seal the envelope, as the parents might want to preview cards before the kids see them.
- Please stick to just cards or lightweight things like stickers, etc. If you want to send anything heavier, please include a bit of money to cover the added cost.
- There is no need to send money with your cards. However, it is greatly appreciated as it helps with the cost of mailing the thousands of cards and many, many prizes. Very appreciated.
- All cards can be mailed to the following address:
Cards for Kids
PO Box 428612
Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
- In each package, PLEASE include a piece of paper with your name, address, email address and how many cards you sent and for which child/family they were for. This helps us greatly in keeping track for prizes! For each card you send, you will get a chance. So the more cards you send, the better your chances. (See below.)
- PRIZES! In December, we will pick LOTS of prizes to send out – based on the cards I receive by the end of November.
I know I am missing some details, as there is so much to think about! I will add more as we go, so be sure to ask your questions.
And, once again, a HUGE shout out to Jana and Kristina for all they do for these card drives. I could never do it without them. And to Mary Kay and Heather, who have volunteered to help with shipping of cards. And… my dear dad who picks up cards every single day from my PO Box and gives them to me in huge bunches. THANK YOU. Love you all.
Thanks again for giving your time and talent for this.