We are back for the 6th year for our annual Caring Hearts Card Drive… collecting handmade cards to give to those that live in nursing homes. Caring Hearts Card Drive is all about bringing joy and holiday cheer to the elderly that are often quite lonely. In 2014, we collected over 17,000 cards and sent cards to many nursing home in US, Canada and Australia.
Vera Yates (the mastermind behind this – she rocks – please visit her blog!) and I are excited to be back this year spreading kindness… with your help! We all love making cards and what’s better than knowing our creations can bring a smile to others, right?
Let’s do this!
A few important details:
- This card drive will be going on from October 3 to November 27, 2015. We need to receive your card by November 27, 2015.
- Please make the cards for Christmas or Holiday Wishes. Anyone can send a card – your children, church group, scout troops, etc.
- All cards need to have a message in it – stamped or handwritten. Please sign your name and where you are from.
- Please include an envelope for each card but don’t seal the envelope.
- Please stick to just cards – standard size 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ or smaller.
- And please don’t use any pins for safety reasons.
- This is totally optional… if you’d like to include $1 or $2 to help with shipping, it’ll be much appreciated. We cover the shipping cost ourselves, with no sponsor, so any donation toward shipping would help tremendously.
We have a few awesome ladies helping us in collecting the cards. Tina Schrof is working with Jennifer in collecting the cards. Since international shipping is expensive, those of you in Canada can mail your cards to Anita or Caroline and they’ll distribute the cards. And, for those of you in Australia, you can send to Linda. Here are the places you can send your cards:
- Vera Yates, 1314 Roy St., Houston, TX 77007
- Tina Schrof , 185 W. Pugh Drive, Springboro, OH 45066
- Linda Langes, c/o Gilston State School, 588 Worongary Road, GILSTON QLD 4211, Australia
- Piney-fine, Attn: Anita, P.O. Box 30, Piney, MB R0A 1K0
- Caroline Bredeson, 7 Brown Street, Ottawa, ON K1S 1L9, Canada
In each package, PLEASE include THIS SUBMISSION FORM. This helps us in keeping track for prizes! For each card you send, you will get a chance at a prize. So the more cards you send, the better your chances.
To thank you for your generosity in supporting this drive, we have lots of PRIZES for lots winners!
We’ll update the prize list as more prizes come in. And huge thank you to all the fabulous, generous companies who support this card drive by donating awesome prizes. Please keep these companies in mind when you do your next bit of crafting shopping!
- Tim Holtz Prize Pack – $100 value
- Jane’s Doodle- $75 GC
- Organize More – $75 GC
- Online Card Classes - class of your choice – 3 winners
- Waffle Flower Crafts – $65 GC
- Paper Smooches - Two $25 GC
- Honey Bee Stamps – Two $25 GC
- Pretty Pink Posh – Two $25 GC
- Hero Arts – $50 GC
- Simon Says Stamp - $50 GC
- Ellen Hutson - $50 GC
- My Favorite Things - $50 GC
- Ranger Prize Pack – $50 value
- Neat & Tangled – $50 GC
- Winnie & Walter - $50 GC
- CutCardStock.com – $50 GC
- Jennifer McGuire Ink - 10 fabulous stamps from her favorite company
- Clearly Besotted – £30 (approx. US $45) GC
- Latina Crafter – $40 GC
- Waltzing Mouse Stamps – £25 (approx. US $38) GC
- Lil’ Inkers Designs - $35 GC
- Verve Stamps – $30 GC
- Altenew- $30 GC
- Avery Elle - $30 GC
- Litte Things from Lucy’s Cards – 8 bags of Sparkly Shaker Selection
- Butterfly Reflections Ink - $25 GC
- Sarah Rigby (Stampin Up!) – $25 GC + $25 gift pack
- a2z Scrapbooking - $25 GC
- Just Dandy Studio – $25 GC
- Mama Elephant – $25 GC
- The Ton Stamps – $25 GC
- Newton’s Nook Design - $25 GC
- Reverse Confetti - $25 GC
- SugarPea Designs - $25 GC
- The Ribbon Resource - $20 GC
- A Jillian Vance Design – $20 GC
- Richard Garay for Spellbinders - Crafty Package
- Technique Tuesday – You’re So Sweet Stamp Set
Please feel free to share about this card drive. And be sure to use the hashtag #caringheartscarddrive on social media.
We really appreciate your support & generosity. Let’s rock this card drive and bring Christmas joy to as many nursing homes as we can!