Hello! Today I have a video sharing how to add color to stamping on kraft paper. I am also part of a blog hop honoring the new stamp company – Altenew… with prizes!
[All supplies are linked in the thumbnails below.]
For years I have love the look of color on kraft cardstock. (Check out my links below.) There is just something fun about that pop of color against the neutral background. I think the key to great color on kraft is using white pigment ink as base. (My favorite is Unicorn White from Hero Arts.) After completely heat setting it, I colored over it with bright colored Copic Markers. (You could use other markers if you wanted. I didn’t have a problem with the ink getting on my marker tip.)
I used some stunning stamps from a new stamp company – Altenew – including the Hannah Elements and Lace Up. (The “thanks” is from an old Hero Arts set.) With the help of some masking paper, I created a cluster of images at the top of my card. And – of course – I covered it with some Wink of Stella shimmer.
So quick. So easy! The new Altenew stamps will be available April 7. Interested in some other ideas for adding color on kraft? They are old, but may inspire you to try something different:
- Layering Ink – You can get fun effects by layering color stamped images on the same white images.
- And Another – Same technique as the first.
- Inktense – Inktense pencils work great on Kraft too!
Time to get hopping! Next be sure to head to the fabulous blog of the fabulous Jocelyn Olson. (If you want to start at the beginning of the hop, head over to the Altenew blog.)
There are a few ways to win today!
- One lucky winner will win the Altenew Hanna Elements stamp set I used above. Just leave a comment here by 8:59amEST on 4/7/14 for your chance.
- Altenew is also giving away five stamp sets of choice to three lucky winners. The winners will be chosen from comments left at the Altenew blog. Also be sure to “like” Altenew on Facebook and follow them on Pinterest.