Hi there. Today I have a video showing creative ways to use dies… including lifelike die cuts, dimension die cuts and debossing with dies.
[Supplies are linked in the thumbnails at the end of this post.]
I do a majority of my die cutting from white Neenah cardstock. Then I used my markers to add color. For the lilies on this card, I used a My Favorite Things lily die set and added the look of dimension with Copic Markers. (However, you could use any color media!) I have mentioned in previous posts that I am a fan of stamp sets that “build” to create a multi-color image. So I was thrilled to find this lily die set that “builds” to create this dimensional, intricate flower.
I wanted to give some “heaviness” to my hello die cut, so I covered it with Glossy Accents. I also used my Embossing Pad with the My Favorite Things Modern Morocco background die to create a debossed background.
All three dies I used here are from My Favorite Things. However, the lily die set is only available on the MFT website… and free with a $60 purchase. (You can find more details on their site.) I would recommend checking out their other new products, cardstock (it is one of my favorites) and inks (you can see a review of the inks here.) Gotta love a free die set!
Here are some other fun uses of die cuts…
- Heat Embossing Die Cuts – I love how Dawn of Wplus9 covered die cuts with gold embossing powder. This is yet another way to get fun looks from your die cuts.
- White Enamel Die Cuts – Tasnim created a dimensional white die cut that is gorgeous.
- Die Storage – Looking for a way to store your dies? Be sure to check out this post. This system works really well for me!
- New My Favorite Things – My Favorite Things just released lots of new dies, stamps, stencils and more. You can find them on their site or Simon Says Stamp.
- Guest at My Favorite Things – This video is from a guest spot over on the MFT blog. It is a great blog – worth checking out! Honored to be there.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you soon!