Today I am guest on the Simon Says Stamp blog… and have a fun video for you showing how to combine stencils and glitter.
The background on this is amazing in real life – the Glitter Ritz glitter is so fine it almost looks like velvet…
I can’t even begin to describe how I did this in words, so you gotta watch the video above. This technique worked really well with the My Favorite Things Scrolled Background stencil and Glitter Ritz glitter… but any stencil and glitter would be fabulous. Use whatever you have! (However, I do really like the Be Creative Double Sided Tape a lot – it holds the glitter very well.)
I die cut the window with the My Favorite Things Heart Stax die and saved the inside for the next card. The “hello” and “thanks” are from the great Paper Smooches Quote Tag die set.
I am all for creating two cards with the effort of one!
And a big thanks to my friend Heidi who encouraged me to try this technique. I wasn’t sure if I would like it at first, but I am now a happy camper.
If you are looking for some more ideas using glitter or stencils, here are some:
- 1 Stencil 3 Ways – In this video I show three fun ways to use one stencil.
- Thanks Stencil Card by Stephanie Klauck – I love this card from Stephanie… showing a combination of stamping and stencils.
- Stenciled Class – Thank you all for making this class a HUGE success. Over 20 videos showing even more techniques! It isn’t too late to take it.
- Hello Card by Amy Kolling – This stenciled card is a jaw-dropper!
- Debby Hughes – She is the stenciling queen. Hands down.
- Glitter Butterfly Card – Just another example of the colorful fun you can have with Glitter Ritz.
- Simon Says Stamp Blog – A heads up that the SSS blog has lots of great videos and techniques. (This project was featured there.)
Thanks for stopping by.