Hello! I am so very excited to announce a new card drive: Cards That Care.
For this card drive, we are collecting cards for the elderly in nursing homes… just in time for the holidays.
I have teamed up with the sweet Vera Yates. (Thank you, Vera, for getting this going!) And Jana will be back to help along the way, too. (Kristina will be sitting this card drive out as she focuses her efforts on Caylin’s Cure.)
So here is the story…
You know what they say… “It’s the most wonderful time of the year!” But for the elderly living in nursing homes, the holidays can sometimes cause loneliness as they are away from family. Wouldn’t it be fabulous if we can bring a smile to their face & brighten their holiday season simply by sharing our love of card making? A simple gesture to let them know that they are not forgotten…
We hope that many of you will help and join us in our effort to spread joy & cheer.
A few important details:
- We will need to receive your cards by November 30, 2011.
- Please make the cards for Christmas or Holiday Wishes. Anyone can send a card, your children, church group, scout troops, etc.
- All cards need to have a message in it. Please also sign your name and where you are from. No need to put anything on the front of the envelope. Also, please don’t seal the envelope.
- All size cards are ok. Just please send them in an envelope.
- Please stick to just cards.
- And please don’t use any pins (safety reason).
- You can mail the cards to either one of us:
P.O. Box 428612
Cincinnati, OH 45242
P.O Box 17596
Sugar Land, TX 77496
- In each package, PLEASE include a piece of paper with your name, address, email address and how many cards you sent. This helps us in keeping track for prizes! For each card you send, you will get a chance at a prize. So the more cards you send, the better your chances.
- A few months ago, I had asked for volunteers to take cards to nursing homes. If you were one who contacted me to let me know your nursing home gave you the “OK” to do this, please email me again. I don’t want to miss anyone!
To thank you for your generosity in supporting this drive, we have PRIZES ready for several winners. Remember… the more cards you send the better your chances. Vera will be updating the prize list as more prizes come in – you can see the prize list HERE. And big thank you to all the fabulous companies who are supporting our card drive by donating awesome prizes! So far we have prizes from:
- Lawn Fawn
- Hero Arts
- Bella Blvd.
- May Arts
- Paper Crafts – a one year subscription!
- PSA Essentials
- Simon Says Stamp
- Paper Smooches
- Some Odd Girl
- Market Street Stamps
- The Twinery
- The Crafts Meow
- Sweet Stamp Shop
- Penny Black
- Avocado Arts
- Janes Doodles
- Eclectic Paperie
- … and more to come!
If you have questions, please let me know. And remember, you have until November 31 to send your holiday cards. Thank you!
(By the way, the winner of the Studio Calico kit is Kelli W.)