Several folks asked about my crafty weekend with friends. Basically, we all got together for a few days of crafting, eating, laughing, dancing, laughing, stamping, laughing, shopping and laughing. It was perfection and I am so thankful for each of the girls. The talent was oozing out of the room – amazing girls. Proof? You must check out their blogs:
- Nichol Magouirk – I have known Nichol since I started scrapbooking and admire her greatly. She is one of my favorite travel buddies, colors like nobody’s business and is an amazing kindred spirit. Her smile is contagious. I so wish we lived closer.
- Jana Millen – My best friend, Colin’s Godmother and proof that God loves me – He must since he put her in my life. Check her blog HERE – she shared some cards we all made this weekend.
- Britta Swiderski – Britta is the youngest in the group and I hope she thought all of us old ladies were fun. I simply adore her. She is exactly the type of young woman I hope my girls grow up to be. Be sure to check out her blog – she has some great videos.
- Kathy Racossin – I don’t know where to begin. Kathy is so warm, talented (her cards are truly mini masterpieces and her coloring is jaw-dropping), kind, generous, thoughtful and funny. She was responsible for many of our weekend laughs and for the smile that is often on my face.
- Ginger Rohlfs – Ginger missed her calling as a stand-up comedian. This girl can make anyone laugh and does it effortlessly. I often need to get my “Ginger fix” – time with her is great for the soul. And it makes your stomach hurt from laughter. And to top things off? She has a heart of gold.
- Sandi Neumann – Look up “thoughtful” in the dictionary and you will see her face. Sandi will do anything for a friend and I admire that greatly. I am also so thankful that she helps me with class kitting. She does a perfect job!
- Heather Ruwe – Heather is the sweetest. Her laugh makes me smile, her talent makes me inspired, her presence makes me happy. She is a gem. Truly. However, she may be voted off the island for how fast she creates cute cards!
- Julie Strickland – I adore Julie and her family and couldn’t ask for a better neighbor. I pray I can be a mother like her – I look up to her parenting so much – and am glad she is my friend. I also think it is fabulous that she has her own card-making business. Check it out HERE.
- Latrice Murphy – This girl is beautiful. Inside and out. I am thankful for every time we get to see each other. And she rocks 2-pages layouts like nobody’s business.
Great girls, huh? I am so thankful.
I also wanted to give you a heads up about a fabulous class coming up. My dear friend Kelly Purkey is launching her newest class, Sketchbook 3.
Here is some info about it…
Join Kelly Purkey and friends for Sketchbook 3! This is a self-paced four week class filled with fresh sketches, easy instructions, beautiful examples, and lots of fun. From April 4th to April 29th a PDF will be delivered to your inbox every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. By the end of the class, you’ll have a complete sketchbook of 12 original sketches, 38 layouts, and an additional 38 sketches based on those creative pages. All of the examples are brand new layouts, exclusive to this class… you won’t see them anywhere else. The best part is that you will be receiving an example layout from Kelly for each of the sketches, along with two (or more) example layouts from a very talented contributor. Each PDF for Sketchbook 3 will also include a card designed by the amazing Jennifer McGuire based on the daily sketch.
Fun, huh? And did you see that last line? I will be creating a card for each of Kelly’s sketches. Yep, they are scrapbook page sketches, but I am going to show you how to turn them into cards. So fun!
Want to win a spot in Kelly’s Sketchbook 3 class and join us for some scrapbooking and cardmaking fun? Just leave a comment here by Friday night at 11:59pmEST for a chance to win. (If you sign up and are the lucky winner, she will give you her money back.)