Hey there! My husband finally got home on Wednesday, safe and sound. So happy. We spent the day as a family and then I turned around to head to a stamping retreat with my friends. It is the last trip to this favorite place of mine, since they are closing due to family commitments. Boo! We have been laughing like crazy – so good for the soul.
Just popping in to share a card that went up on the Hero Arts site. Super simple. I just embossed the floral images with white embossing powder on heavy watercolor paper. I then used a ink applicator to cover it heavily with Wild Honey and Broken China Distress Ink. To get it to blend, I sprayed it heavily with water containing Perfect Pearls. After letting it dry, it blends and looks super cool shiny. The metallic silvery-gray is actually paper I created. I just heavily covered white cardstock with Pumice Stone Distress Ink and then sprayed with the Perfect Pearl water. After letting it dry, I punched it. Easy.
Supplies: Hero Arts stamps (flowers and greeting); Perfect Pearls in a Mini Mister; Broken China, Pumice Stone and Wild Honey Distress Inks; Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Liquid Pearls.
Some linky fun for you:
- Was having a down-sort-of-weekend and my dear friend Michelle must have sensed it. Her kind heart arranged a fun card collection for me to make me smile – totally surprised, totally needed, totally appreciated… and it totally worked. Thanks to you all, ladies. God was good when he introduced me to you all on this great place we call the web. I HIGHLY recommend that you check out the fab cards HERE.
- Not sure glitter is for you? THIS card will make you believe. Love it. 🙂
- Oh my. One of the most adorable layouts ever HERE.
- THIS is cool. That's all I can say. So cool.
- THIS is awesome. Want to do. Especially with the girls when they are here all summer.
- While away this weekend, Ken told me he tried a recipe from the new Jamie Oliver Food Revolution book. He said it was incredible. It was a 20-minute pasta dish with all fresh ingredients. Huge hit. Many people asked if I had tried his recipes, so I thought I would pass on the good review.
OK… off to get some work done. Have a great weekend.