Today, I have proof that I love you. (Hee.)
Remember all those great ideas you all gave me for teacher gifts? I combined a lot of your tips together to create gifts for Colin's teachers. The cost wasn't bad, although it did take time to put together. But I think that is the best gift – one that has thought and love put into it. Colin's teachers are amazing. I just hope they know how much they are appreciated.
And after I share what I created, I will have a great giveaway, as a thank you to you.
Here are the baskets I did:
- The baskets were like $1.50 at Hobby Lobby.
- The journals are from Target. Maybe $5.
- Couldn't find the pens with the post-it things on it – wish I could. Instead, just did a simple pen… maybe $1.
- Fuzzy socks – on sale at Dillards for $2.50.
- Gift card from bookstore. This was the main gift.
- Mug from Target. $3. Just a plain one.
- Hot chocolate mix. Colin's sweet sitter made these for us and friends, so I hired her to make some for me to give the teachers. She said they were about $2 each to make them. So cute. (For directions, click HERE. But she also added a layer of red sugar sprinkles. I LOVE that touch!)
- Bookmarks I made using this INCREDIBLE stationery set from 2peas by Erica Hernandez. WOW. Love this set. On the back of the bookmarks, Colin drew a picture.
- I used that same digital kit to create the circle tag on the front.
- Also included my family's holiday card.
Oh, and several people suggested giving them a set of handmade cards. I did that a few weeks ago, too. So I needed something different for Christmas.
And, isn't this too cute? Colin in his performance at school. They sang a bunch of songs. Melts my heart…
OK… since you were all so kind to me, I have a great giveaway. This is my FAVORITE punch. So I must love you if I am giving one away, huh? Hee. The Paper Shapers from EK Success are the best and this big 3" scallop is amazing. And I have one to giveaway! (Thanks EK! Oh, and if you want any of the scallop punches, call Stampers Corner – she has great prices and doesn't charge more than actual shipping! Also, Stamp Your Art Out.) Just leave a comment here by 11:59pmEDT on Tuesday telling me what the weather is like in your neck of the woods. I will pick a random winner of this…
Here? It is darn cold. A few degrees. EEK! I prefer snow if it is going to be this cold. But my mother-in-law has the best fireplace – you can't peel me away from it.
Hugs! Oh, and the winner of the Autumn Leaves stamp set is Adriana P! And the Maya Road set? That winner is Sharon (from Florida)! I emailed you both.