… from being without power for the week. It wasn't bad, but I learned a few things…
1. If you have an iPhone, get a car charger. It comes in handy when there is no power in the house.
2. The MacBookPro has a great battery life. You charge it at mom's in the morning and have enough power to watch a movie at night.
3. I am not looking forward to remodeling my house. Having no power meant going to my parents in the mornings. They are gutting their whole first floor. I don't think I could live with the dust.
4. I need to create every single day. Or I just don't smile as much.
5. I am glad I have an old house with a gas water heater. (Warm showers!)
6. Missing the first episode of House stinks. Boogers.
I can't imagine what those in Texas are going through. Big prayers.
On to some random things…
I have one opening in my class Thursday night at Stamp Your Art Out in Cincinnati. Someone canceled today. So call 513.793.4558 if you are interested!
A moment of enabling. Check out this new tree stamp from Hero Arts. Hard to find – not everyone has it. It is a big one. Look HERE to get it…
Also, a few mentioned that the link to Cherie's holiday card templates didn't work. THIS is the link. Sorry!
And, I forgot to mention that you must see these little halloween dudes by Cherie. SO cute. Can't wait to use these to make treats for Colin's friends at school. Looky HERE. Here is a peek…
OK… how about a quick share? This is an old one that I did to show stamping on buttons. What I do to stamp on buttons is I lay the button down (flat side up) onto the sticky part of a post-it note. Then I stamp on it with Black Staz-On – down and up quick and straight. If I booger it up, I clean it with Ultra Clean and then try again. By putting it on a sticky note, the button doesn't want to stick to the wet stamp. Works great.
Hero Arts stamps (circles, greeting, stems), notecards, buttons and flowers
Colorbox Chalk Ink
Black Memories Ink
OK… off to watch tv. Night!
[BTW... I am still behind on email after last week. I will be working on it this week. Sorry!]