I am so excited to start this. I love any excuse to make a card and I love any excuse to do something nice for someone. So, why not combine the two?
Here is the info:
This card drive is for 3 adorable little kids living in Africa… Taylor (9), Lauren (7) and Samuel (3). Their family just moved there and are building a home and dental clinic. They are living there unselfishly – totally to provide dental care to those who would never get it. To find out more information on their work, click HERE and HERE.
As you may expect, starting a life in Liberia has it’s challenges, especially for the kids. I thought it would be such fun to send them tons of cards from people across the world – cards that would just brighten their day. You can simply send the cards to me. I will then box them up and pay to send them to the kid’s parents – my sister-in-law and brother-in-law. Their parents will give them each a card a day, just to make them smile. (I am having you send them to me since it costs a lot to get it there.)
- Cards can be anything cheery: “sending you a smile”, “happy day”, something silly, “thinking of you”, etc. The more cheery the better.
- Please sign your name in the card, along with any message you want. It would be fun to also say what state/country you are from.
- You can put a sticky note on it telling who the card should be for: Taylor (9), Lauren (7), Samuel (3)… or it can be for all three kids. That way I can make sure it gets to the right person(s).
- Mail the card to me as you would any card. (If you have more than one, you can pack them together – whatever is easiest.) When I get it, I will put each card in a separate envelope with just their name(s) on it. This will save in shipping for you since you won’t have to double-envelope.
- If you have a few extra stickers you want to throw in for them to play with, great! But please don’t send anything heavy or big, though – shipping really adds up.
- You are also welcome to do a card for their parents, Keith and Kristin. (I have their permission to do this card drive for the kids, but a few cards for them would be nice, too.)
- Please send the cards to arrive to me by August 15. This should give enough time for those overseas to play along. The cards should be sent to:
PO Box 428612
Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
And… how about some prizes as a thank you for participating? For each card you send, your name will be put into a basket. At the end date, I will draw names for prizes. You can see a complete list of prizes HERE. Please keep in mind that I am unable to keep track of everyone’s names and email addresses. So, be sure to look back the week following August 15th to find out if you are a winner of a prize.
I cannot thank you enough for participating in this. Means the world to me… but mostly to three little kids a half a world away…